Sunday, August 06, 2006

Hello Goodwill!

My husband took an entire truckbed FULL of things to Goodwill today!!! And he doesn't have one of those shorty beds, it's a full-size truck bed. I've been collecting things up for 2 weeks now from all over the house, and today it is GONE! I know the smarter thing would have been to have a Garage Sale, but let's face it...I'm a serious procrastinator, and it would have been sitting here this time next year.
I feel like I just lost a bunch of weight. It feels good. And there's still more to come, only the kitchen, kids' room, and front closet are 100% done. What went today was from all over the house, but I've been concentrating on one room at a time but still doing *something* on every room most days. I have left:
Living Room
Sewing Room (all extras have been scrapped, just needs to be organized again)
Bathrooms (2)
Playroom
Master Bedroom
Not necessarily in that order :)

3 comments:

Shana said...

I'm soooo happy for you!!!!!!!!!

Kamrin said...

Woo-hoo! You rock! I am inspired. I have a tone of stuff sitting in my garage waiting for a sale. Sigh. I may have to face up and let it go.

Melissa said...

Just face the reality and get rid of it!!!! Or actually *set a date* for the yard sale, and if it doesn't happen, then you absolutely positively have to just take to Goodwill (or somewhere like that). I'm telling you, it's liberating.