Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I've come so far, and yet...

...I still have so much further to go! In fact, I don't think this is actually a journey that EVER ends. I think the simple lifestyle is always evolving and changing within me.

I haven't been posting with as much frequency as in the beginning, because I have already done so much of the major 'start up'. At this point, I feel like I'm just maintaining and fine-tuning my life/home.

I still have several projects that need to be done, but they aren't top priority, so I'm procrastinating. For one, I need to get all the pictures in the house together in ONE spot! I've been putting them in a box as I find them, but I still need to take that box, the other boxes, and the various albums and get them all sorted and organized. I'd like to have all my photos in albums by date (or a general timeline). I'd also like to do some kid-specific scrapbooks with blank pages to keep updating through the years.

I feel like I"ve done a great job maintaining the laundry, living and bed rooms, but I'm really slacking in the kitchen. I only have enough dishes and silverware as we need, but with a family of 6, just one meal racks up a TON of dirties! I feel like the kitchen is a constant battle, so I'm posting it here to get my ass in gear again. I *need* to be more diligent about cleaning as I cook as well as cleaning up RIGHT after meals.

I also have too much fabric. I've tried selling it cheap, I've tried ebay, and I've sold some but still have more. It's not a ton compared to some of my friends, but it's a lot to me. Anyone know of a charity that sews? I'd love to donate it to someone who will actually sew for charity. I tried a diapering company that donates diapers to low-income families, but they said they didn't need it. I gave some a while back to a friend who was supposed to sew and then donate the diapers to that same charity, and I'm fairly certain it's still sitting at her house untouched :( There's a great sewing room at the center in Oaxaca, but customs likes to steal packages- nice, huh?

So those are my 2 new goals: Maintain the kitchen better & get this fabric out of here!

1 comment:

Kamrin said...

Photos are one of my big projects I have been working on here too! It is amazing how many I have, out, sitting in piles, needing to be sorted. Quite daunting really. As for the fabric, you might try a children's hospital. They often have sewing/knitting/crocheting groups there that might appreciate the free fabric! Keep up the good work!