Wednesday, September 06, 2006

NO MORE CARPET! and more ramblings...

Woo Hoo! This has been an ongoing project over the last few years. We had only one room left with carpet: ours. Monday, the hubby pulled it all up, and we went to Home Depot for some wood laminate flooring. He's been working on it 2 nights now, and it should be complete tonight. After that first night, I could tell a HUGE difference. I didn't wake up but one time, and that was to nurse the baby. Last night was the same. You just don't know what that means to me! I'm the kind of person that wakes up EVERY morning with a stuffy nose and sore thought. Not the last 2 mornings, though :)

On a different note, we all know the W Mart controversy. But, I just wanted to say that I was there yesterday, and they had a pack of Cushies cloth diapers in the baby section. I was totally shocked.

Since the bombardment of holidays is almost upon us, what are some of you doing to combat the crapalanche that happens because of family?

I've been practicing my crochet skills. They are pretty non-existent, but I completed my very first diaper cover this morning! It is ugly as heck, but I'm proud of it! I bought some cheap acrylic yarn to start out with and practice before I dive into some soft, nice wool for the babe.

No comments: